Protecting Your Identity – FREE SEMINAR
While the digital age provides a great deal of convenience for us, problems arise when private data is stolen and used to commit fraudulent crimes. Marathon Financial Advisors seeks to inform and protect its clients from becoming victims of identity theft. As a resource for our community, we are hosting a free event on May 9th to inform and provide resources on the subject of Identity Theft.
Led by FBI Special Agent Timothy Dwyer and FBI Forensic Accountant Celeste Uvanni, this seminar will address the following:
- The types of identity theft, ie. Tax ID theft, medical insurance, bank account fraud
- Various scams used to perpetrate the fraud, ie. Phone calls, emails, social engineering
- Prevention – methods people can use to help prevent falling victim
- Detection – methods and awareness to know if you’ve been defrauded
- Recovery – steps to take if victim
- Resources available to the public
We invite you to join us for this informative time to learn more about threats to your security. Real life examples will be used, and you are encouraged to bring all questions for these presenters.
The seminar will be held on Wednesday, May 9th, at 7:00pm in the DeWitt Community Room (148 Sanders Creek Parkway, East Syracuse, attached to the E. Syracuse Fire Department). Please RSVP by calling 315.446.5797.