We’ve done it again!
We’re saying good-bye to the “Old Year” and welcoming in the “New Year”.
This year to celebrate, instead of making New Year’s Resolutions (which rarely last past January 3rd) I’ve prepared my:
List of Things to think about in the New Year:
- Is there a trip I’d like to take? Yes – to anywhere!!!
- Are there any books I’d like to read? Need to visit the Library – haven’t been in ages!
- What movies would I like to see? Anything – can’t wait to go to the theater again!
- Is there any musical artist that I would like to see in person? Hmmmm…..
On a more serious, but no less important note:
- Have I got my legal documents in order? (Will, Power of Attorney, Health Care Proxy)
- Have I met with my Financial Advisor and do I have a course of action for the next year?
- Have I done a financial assessment lately?
- Am I where I would like to be in regards to my credit, assets, liabilities or other financial responsibilities?
(Yes, I do all of the above and review them annually.)
- Have I had my annual physical?
- Are there any home improvements I’d like to take on?
- Are there relatives I’d like to see?
- Do I want to learn a new skill?
- Can I carve out more time for myself for leisure activities (or naps)?
You get the idea – making lists of things to look forward to no matter how small can be very satisfying, and I can’t wait to get started!
However you plan to celebrate the New Year, we at Marathon Financial Advisors would like you to know that we are thinking of you and how grateful we are to have spent another year with you, guiding you in making the decisions and planning strategies to help keep you on track towards meeting your financial goals. It is a privilege, and we appreciate your continued trust and confidence in our Team.